Morris House, Horatio Warren Bishop, Architect 1934, a photo by Michael Locke on Flickr.
Walled and gated Mediterranean Revival Estate designed for Thomas J. Morris in the storied Los Feliz Oaks neighborhood of Los Angeles. The architect, Horatio W. Bishop was a member of the American Institute of Architects between 1931 until his passing in 1991. He was supervisory architect (along with Carlton M. Winslow) for the architectural firm Cook and Hall on the planning and development of Carthay Circle, Los Angeles' first neighborhood to have underground utilities. He was partners with the great Irving Gill between 1922 and 1923. The pair stylized themselves as Bishop and Gill, and had an office in San Diego. The Morris House is located at 2172 E. Live Oak Drive.